Be watching for our new 2022 Life Group opportunities beginning in late January!
We meet the preached-about, Bible-informed version of God in rows on Sunday. But we meet a much more personal version of God in the circles of a small group.
In a small group, faith changes from a noun to a verb, and God changes from a 'nice-to-have’ to a ’need-to-have’, as small group members get involved in each other’s lives.
At The Rock we've noticed FIVE THINGS that seem to be a common thread in most people’s lives:
- practical teaching (exposure to the Bible & relevant preaching)
- providential relationships (people who seem placed in our path by God)
- private disciplines (daily routines like prayer & quiet time)
- personal ministry (serving others)
- pivotal circumstances (major life events - good or bad)
A look at this list reveals why groups are so necessary: all of the things God uses to grow our faith are experienced or encouraged in the context of a small group.
The potential of a Life Group is best reached when that group puts hands and feet to the faith they talk about when they gather. It’s when they take meals to a hurting widow, or help a single mom move to a new apartment, or speak wisdom to someone on the verge of making a bad decision.
God uses other people to grow us. And he uses us to grow other people.